Fall is almost here and Winter is not far behind. Unfortunately for us we don’t all live in Miami so we need to be prepared for the cold. Water inside your engine or crankcase can result in damage if it freezes. Your engine needs to be winterized if you plan to store it for any length of time to prevent damage.
Corrosion during the off-season is less dramatic but equally destructive. Corrosion can really set in when your boat is idle for a long period of time. Liberal use of corrosion inhibitors can help prevent corrosion and rust.
Bonzi’ checklist –
Follow these important steps at the end of the season! Your Bonzi’ Boat was shipped with an owner’s manual. If you lost it, you can get one on our website. In the owner’s manual you will find offseason instructions. For your Bonzi’ Boat and Zenoah engine follow these instructions:
- Drain all gasoline from the tank and remove all batteries.
- Remove spark plug and spray non-corrosive oil into the engine cylinder.
- Pull the starter rope few times to assure total lubrication then re-install spark plug.
- Remove drive cable and store in a tube of automatic transmission fluid.
- Spray all metal parts with lubricant.
- Apply a coat of automotive wax to the gelcoat surface.
- Cover the boat with a breathable material cloth and store in a safe, dry place until next season.
Following these steps will ensure that your boat is protected and ready for next season.
You can always find more tips and product info – bonzisports.com or 317-844-4695
Contact us anytime for your RC boating needs.